Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Session disconnection every 20 minutes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

isterios

IS-IT--Management
Apr 16, 2003
NL
Hello,

Running 2003 server with presentation server 3.0, users have disconnection every 20 minutes.

The Enable session state / session time out in IIis has been disabled.

The Connection timeout setting in the RDP protocol is "no connection timeout".
The disconnection timeout seeting is grey (cannot be changed) and every box is unchecked.
The idle timeout setting is "no idle timeout".

We have a local policy for the Terminal services/ sessions where "set limited time for disconnected session" is set to 2 hours and "time limit for active but idle terminal service sessions" set to 2 hours also. Others are not set.

And users have still disconnection towards 20 minutes...

An idea?

I think ICA has it's own settings. Look in 'terminal services configuration' on each farm server. You find this in control panel, administrative tools.

These are idle sessions.

More precisely, a warning appears in the user citrix home page, in the message center, telling him that his session will expire in 5,4,3.. minutes. At the end time, the user comes back at the web interface login prompt.

So the applications he launched remain opened after this end time, but the IIis session expires. The user comes back on the citrix login page.

Where can I change this expiration setting? Where is it?

thanks.

This sounds like a ICA keep alive issue.

My clients were having very similiar issues will all published applications.

There are 2 keys you can add to the registry that could help with the disconnects.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\control\Citrix

Add the following REG_DWORD. IcaEnableKeepAlive with a value of 1.

Next, add the following REG_DWORD. IcaKeepAliveInterval with a value of 60.

The second DWORD value represents seconds. You could set this to any value you like. The default is 60.

I hope this will help with the problems you are facing.

I had a similar problem like this with Metaframe XP FR3. My users were log off of the Web client every 20 minutes. The issue was relate to the time out time set in the default web site in IIS. After I changed the value in minutes of the Time out setting in the default web site, the issue disappear.Here is a link to a knowledge article. Good Luck!

Excellent post and a result

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back