Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Session Conflict on Service Startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathstar

MIS
Aug 28, 2001
CA
I have an NT4 Server and there is a service that stops every now and then without any regularity. I have a monitoring tool I use that detects if the service fails, and if so it will automatically use the service account credentials to restart the service. The problem is that this machine is always logged in with another user and whenever the service in question stops the monitoring tool tries to restart the service and it gets "SESSION CONFLICT" error. I tried to change the service credentials to the same user account that is always logged on (for backups) and when I changed the service account credentials it does not startup anymore with the new account. I also cannot change the backup service as well since in NT4 it's hard coded to that specific account and will not work with any other account even domain administrator account.

I tried to GOOGLE this problem without any success, if anyone knows how to resolve this unique problem it would be much appreciated since I've been having this problem now for well over 6 months.

Thanking anyone in advance for any suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back