Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ServRaid Problem with X225

Status
Not open for further replies.

trez1

Vendor
Apr 11, 2004
US
I have a IBM 8647-4AX with ServRaid 5i and 3-36g drives. Trying to install either w2k server or w3k standard server. I am unable to get the os installed. Have had numerous calls with ibm and had most of the system replaced by ibm. Any suggestions? Without the 5i installed the os loads ok. Have also used a ServRaid 6i.

It would be very helpful if you provided more info on just exactly where the failure is rather then just saying I can't install the OS, but here are some suggestions:

First, the 6i is not going to work in the 8647 machine type, it is only supported in the 8649 machine type x-series 225.
Second, is the 5i card installed in slot 4? The 5i uses the integrated LSI channel so it has to be in slot 4 in order for it to function.
Third, with the 5i installed in slot 4 can you boot to the server raid manager CD and create your array? If you can create your array are you then installing the OS using serverguide or are you doing it straight from the OS CD? If you are using the OS CD are you pressing F6 in the begining when prompted to install the raid drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back