Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Servlets not working under some directories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinxterie

Technical User
Jan 2, 2004
TR
At a customer site, they have IBM Http Server 1.3.26.2 (Apache) and Tomcat 3.2.4 installed. On top of these is installed Genesys Internet Suite.

Under the Tomcat\webapps folder there are 2 directories: examples and ICS_Samples651. A simple hello world servlet works fine from the examples directory but when I call the same servlet from the ICS_Samples651 directory I get a HTTP 404 - File not found error. Under the web server logs, I see the error: File does not exist: d:/tomcat/webapps/ics_samples651/servlet/com.ykb.tw.ics.HelloWorld

Anybody any idea why this is happening?

Pete

i think the paths are case sensitive. You said the directory name is ICS_Samples651, the application is trying to access ics_tamples651 (as the error message indicates). So, make sure you are case compliant!!

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back