Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

servlet is not available

Status
Not open for further replies.

faciolo

Programmer
Aug 17, 2010
IT
Hi all, I'm new here. I've a problem with Tomcat. I work fine with tomcat 6.x at my work, but at home I have some problem to let tomcat works, with the same code.
At work i use Windows xp, eclipse and Tomcat, at home I'm using Ubuntu, tomcat and eclipse.

I get no errors during deploy, I can correctly see my index.html page, but when i try to log-in (and so I try to instantiate and process my servlet) i get this message in the browser:

HTTP Status 404 - Servlet EventController is not available

type Status report

message Servlet EventController is not available

description The requested resource (Servlet EventController is not available) is not available.
Apache Tomcat/6.0.20

If i look in my localhost.log i can see this:

17-ago-2010 17.49.14 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: Marking servlet EventController as unavailable
17-ago-2010 17.49.14 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
GRAVE: Allocate exception for servlet EventController
javax.servlet.ServletException: Error instantiating servlet class QBNuovo.web.EventController
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1139)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:809)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:129)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:849)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:454)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
17-ago-2010 17.54.26 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
INFO: Servlet EventController is currently unavailable
17-ago-2010 17.55.43 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
INFO: Servlet EventController is currently unavailable

can anyone help me please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back