Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Serving text files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jo90

Programmer
Jun 19, 2002
GB
Hi,

If I have a text file which contains information I wish to publish on a web server, is JSP a good method of doing this? If so, does anyone have any links which would assist me in this?

thanks in advance.
J.

I guess you could do it in JSP if you wanted to, but if it is just static text that you want to serve up, then I don't belive there is any real need - given that the text files are in the correct directories, would it not be easier to simply use HTML, or even more simply - most browsers will quite happily open text files given the correct path....eg, check out - this is a text file which web crawlers and robots use to see what data may and may not be accessed at that particular site

Ben

Thanks Ben,

I originally thought of working with just text files & serving them through iplanet ( my web server ), however I thinnk i need to search the file through a browser - read sections of the file etc. as opposed to the entire thing.... any ideas on how to do this / any source code?

Thanks in advance....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back