Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Services.exe Application Error - The application failed to utilize pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

xkjdhdg

Technical User
Feb 7, 2001
US
I was surfing the Web on my computer. It just suddenly rebooted and kept rebooting. Sometimes, it would give me the option to choose to boot normally, with safe mode, with safe mode networking, with safe mode dos prompt - but no matter what I chose, it would simply reboot. If I DID choose the safe modes, it would scroll a long list sys files with the following pretext:

\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\......sys file

Then it would reboot itself again. I even tried a Microsoft XP bootable disk that I had made for emergencies but it simply ignored it.

Right after the first boot, I did get this message: "Services.exe Application Error - The application failed to utilize properly (0xc0000005) - Click OK to terminate the application" - which I did.

How to install and use the Recovery Console in Windows XP

Try running ChkDsk /r from the Recovery Console.

An easy to follow recovery console description when unable to start computer due to corrupt registry.

This is a layman's version of Q307545 in simple language.

If they don't work you could try repairing windows by running it over itself. You will lose all your windows updates but your files will be untouched.

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade (Reinstallation) of Windows XP (Q315341)

If you ever get Windows to load I would check for any malware or virus problems.

Removing adware & spyware
faq608-4650

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I found out the motherboard is bad. SO I have one on order to replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back