Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Services applet gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrRetro

IS-IT--Management
Jul 21, 2003
CA
Hoping for some help on this one...After installing sp4 and rebooting I wanted to check on some services that were running. Through computer management the services applet is completely blank...as in there are no services running.
Has anybody seen this before ? I have googled it and come up empty.
I have run chkdsk, done multiple sfc's reinstalled ie 6 all to no avail. The only other strange symptom I had was no entries in add/remove programs..reinstalling ie 6 fixed that issue but I need my services applet desperately and do not want to reinstall the machine.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Type services.msc from a run command...does this open the Services applet?

start --> run --> services.msc

Joseph L. Poandl
MCSE 2003

If your company is in need of experts to examine technical problems/solutions, please contact (Sales@njcomputernetworks.com)

Thanks for the reply

Yes it opens the services applet but it is empty inside...there are no services running that I can see.

Check event viewer ....do you see any new issues?

Joseph L. Poandl
MCSE 2003

If your company is in need of experts to examine technical problems/solutions, please contact (Sales@njcomputernetworks.com)

Sorry I got pulled away on a call...no new issues in event viewer, still the same blank services screen. Very strange stuff.

One other thing, I can stop/start the services from a cmd line no problem just cant see a gui.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back