Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Service won't start automatically - login error??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2001
US
Hi. My server has a service that will not start automatically after a reboot -- It has a specific domain username it uses to log in (not the default LocalSystem account).

Whenever I reboot the server, the service doesn't start and the system log shows the following error (event id 7000):
"The SAP Business Connector Server 4.7 service failed to start due to the following error: The account name is invalid or does not exist, or the password is invalid for the account name specified."

However, I can start this service up manually after the reboot with the same ID and it starts up successfully, so it's not a problem with the account name or password. This is not the only application service that is having this problem on this server either, which leads me to believe that the problem is not tied to the SAP application.

Any ideas? TIA.

How many servers do you have? Just wondering if it tries to start before Active Directory is ready.

Close to a hundred. None of the other servers have this same problem.

Are you logiing into the program with the system or a user account, sound like netlogin has not started up before SAP does, perhaps make it a dependent on the netlogon service starting.

Chernobyl disaster..a must see pictorial

it's a domain user account. here's what i did:

1) changed the user account to a domain admin account, rebooted server, and the service started sucessfully after the reboot.

2) created a local admin account, changed the service account to start up with that account, rebooted server, and the service started successfully after reboot.

3) changed the service back to the original account (which is already a local admin), rebooted server, and it does not start up. got the same message in the system log.

i'm going to try to see if deleting/recreating the domain user account will help. worth a shot. the service has to use this specific account. thanks for your help!

Does this particulr user account that you setup for this service have access (NTFS permissions) to the running directory of the application?

Hope This Helps,

Good Luck!

(I do what I can with what I know)

Yup, the user account has access to the directory. Tried deleting/recreating the user account and that did not help either.

Are there any depent services in which this serive runs?

Hope This Helps,

Good Luck!

(I do what I can with what I know)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back