Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

service packs and updates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjsj

IS-IT--Management
Sep 26, 2001
US
Hi all

does anybody know in what order from a basic installation of 5.5 the support packs or anything else has to be installed in. novell offers no help on its support pages!

i am trying to get the latest sp5ee installed but from what i have seen you have to go through the correct order as in the help file it says that the system has to have sp5e (whatever that is)

if i try to install the lastest pack it just says that the software directory in the incorrect version

Anybodys help would be greatly recieved

I could be wrong, but I think this is happening because you're installing the English support pack instead of the multi-lingual version. Try downloading and installing the multi-lingual support pack.

Hi,

I know that you will get this message if you are already at that support pack level.

Lou

thanks for the replys

after looking at the gw.* modules the sp level say 5.55, i am sure it should read 5.5555 or something simular. i tried installing the multi lingual version but got the same error messages. i cant seem to find the very basic sp5 enhancment pack that the last service pack says needs to be installed before that one.

i will be reinstalling groupwise to base level on a test system and will have another go at getting this last sp on.

will post results when done

Take a look at this thread, see if it helps any

thread12-514529

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Brent Schmidt Certified nut case [rainbow]
Senior Network Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back