Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Service Pack4 and XP FR2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerbouchard

IS-IT--Management
Aug 28, 2002
US
We just upgraded to XPFR2 from Metraframe 1.8. Previously I couldn't upgrade to Win2K service pack 4 because of issues with the printers. Does XP FR2 have any issues with this. Currently I've got a strange problem where the print spooler on the citrix server keeps stopping.

I'd appreciate any opinions!

You should go to FR3/SP3 or at least SP3. There are some issues, a search through here will return the results you need.

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Look for the UPC clean service too. Its great.

Cheers
Scott

Unfortunately XP/FR2 was the last free upgrade we qualified for. Wish me luck I've got to upgrade the web interface and start working on secure gateway this weekend. Thanks!!!

You should be able to install the upgrde which includes SP3. You just have to run the farm at FR2 with SP3 installed, if that makes sense. i.e you can install the FR and SP, the Sp will become active but you run the farm at FR2. They are different things.

Cheers
Scott

Hi ascotta,
On the Citrix site all I see is the FR3/SP3 download which has to be installed before SP4 which is the latest download on the site. Do you mean to download and install the FR3/SP3 but only run it at FR2? I really appreciate the help!

That is exactly what I mean. Service packs are free however you need licenses to run at FR3. You can run at whatever FR you are licenseed to, but SP's need not license. You install FR3/SP3 as normal and then set servers to run at FR2. They will run any fixes in the SP tho.

Cheers
Scott

Thanks for your time Scott, I'll give it a shot this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back