Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Service Pack Upgrades - Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpideySMJ

Technical User
Mar 25, 2002
US
We are currently running several Exchange 2003 servers in our Organization. Most are stand alone boxes running Exchange Ent. Server 2003 with SP1, Windows 2003 Ent. Server. We do have a couple of Active/Passive Clusters (2 nodes) running within our Org as well.

Obviously we need to upgrade to Exchange SP2 and Win2k3 SP1. My questions are:

1) Initially there seemed to be alot of problems installing Win2K3 SP1 on servers. Is this still the case? Are there certain things I should watch for?

2) When I install Win2K3 SP1 on an Exchange server do you HAVE to install it on all the others? Meaning, Can I do a few this weekend, a few next weekend, etc.

3) When I install Exchange 2003 SP2 on an Exchange server do you HAVE to install it on all the others? Meaning, Can I do a few this weekend, a few next weekend, etc.

I'm just looking for some quick answers so I can gauge my next few weekends and start building a decent upgrade plan.

Thanks
Scott

"I reject your reality and substitute one of my own.

No you do not have to do all at once, (W2K3 SP1 or E2K3 SP2), however, you do need to do all of your Exchange front end server first, and at the same time for Exchange SP2.

We went through this upgrade 2 months ago without issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back