Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Service Pack 8 for Netware 6.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novelli

Technical User
Jul 2, 2005
DE
Hi,

on the novell webpage are already Patches for the Service Patck 8 available but not the SP8 itselv.

Any idea when it will be final released ?

Does have someone already expierences with the BETA ?

Ill ask because we still have CIFS Seucrity problems and i hope there will be a new TCP and CIFS Version maybe with afix (what happesn is that at one time user A does get rights of User B in the Filesystem)

Cheers Novelli
Novell Master CNE + CDE
EMC Networker LCNS

Even if the SP comes out tomorrow, I wouldn't install it on a bunch of servers. Do some testing and make sure you aren't one of the first victims of a bad service pack.

I don't even see that SP8 is available to public yet. I have access to some of the betas (On the GW8 beta team), and they still show it as being SP8 Beta 4. I wouldn't expect to see it for a few more weeks.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting, Inc.
A Novell Platinum Partner

The reason I said what I did - I installed Netware 4.11 SP one time and then I started getting all of these "cache memory allocator" messages. It was a real mess. Ever since then, I wait for 3 months and then look on the Novell forums to see if there any major complaints (bugs) associated with the new service pack.

I will not be the first guinea pig ever again.

We usually purposely make ourselves the guinea pigs - that way we can tell our customers whether they need to hold off or not.

Marvin

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting, Inc.
A Novell Platinum Partner

I was my own customer (and victim and perpetrator) so I learned to not do that to myself since I had to fix it after the experiment went badly. Fun times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back