Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Service Pack 3 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

StressedTechie

Technical User
Jul 13, 2001
GB
I have recently installed the latest service pack for Windows 2000. However, I am now experienceing a number of problems with one of my client machines. Everything has slowed right down and, it is taking a minute to 2 minutes to display drive mappings. It is coming up with network errors and connection breakages when using databases.

Has anyone else experienced these problems

Thanks

Okay Sods law.
I have created an archive on every installation. However on this one machine an archive was not done. Is there any way of removing sp3 without flattening the whole machine. I think this is the only way to fix this problem

Stressed....tried a re-install? May help...who knows. :) Information is free....dont hog it!

I get continual BSODs following SP3. I've given up on Service Packs until such time as they make my system run better rather that more erratically...

When sp3 was run there should have been a check box to backup the old system settings on the install.

try to use the remove program function, and see if the sp3 is listed for removal..

Thanks for the help guys

I am going to have to flatten then machine. Luckily I have a spare the user can use. I have learnt a valuable lesson that I would like to pass on to everyone.

"Always Backup or Archive the old Service Pack, You never know when you are going to have to remove the new SP and revert back to the old."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back