Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Service Pack 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mupp3t

MIS
Aug 19, 2004
GB
Hi

I have a problem with SP2, it will not install on a clean install of XP Pro SP1a, any ideas.

Thanks

Mupp3t

Are you trying to install via download from Microsoft or from an SP2 CDROM? Whatever method you are using, you may want to try the other. Also, what exactly do you mean by will not install? Does the install run at all and stop in midstream, or does it not even begin to install? You can also check the system log in the event viewer to see if it holds any clues.

Before you install SP2 consider what happened to me...
After I installed SP2 System Restore no longer worked and MSN Messenger demanded to be opened when I tried to get into Outlook. I uninstalled SP2 and even though my system isn't as stable as it was before the SP2 install at least I have System Restore back and Messenger doesn't bother me anymore.

I'm still researching how I can get those to work with SP2 though.

Good luck

If you're going through hell, keep going.
--Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back