Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Service Observing on BCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TallDW

Vendor
Dec 7, 2005
US
Customer has sales reps and sales mgr wants to silently monitor calls.
1. Is Call Center Basic required in order to do this?
2. Once enabled, will the feature work with hard phone, soft phone, and cordless phone?

You can silently monitor inbound hunt group calls, so ACD is not necessarily needed. That being said, you can more easily select what/who you monitor when using Call Center.

Once enabled, you can monitor any phone on the system that can answer a hunt group or ACD call.

I phrased my question poorly. Once enabled, can the sales mgr use his hard phone, soft phone, or a cordless phone to monitor his reps?

Hard phone - yes, provided it has a 2 line display and softkeys. Soft phone - yes. Cordless phone - maybe. If it was a T-7406, then yes, if an analog cordless, doubtful. I believe softkeys are used for silent monitoring, which is why I doubt it would work with an analog cordless set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back