Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Service observing denial

Status
Not open for further replies.

nym313

Technical User
Jan 23, 2007
HU
Hi.

CM 4.01 running on S8720/G650

I have the following problem. Whenever I try to observer certain stations I get the following denial event:
denial event 1246: Svc obsrv exceed max D1=0x8c79 D2=0x10ec

The bigger problem is that this only happens with certain stations and with those stations it is constant so it is definitely not a limitation problem.

We had this problem previously and I applied the latest CM patch (00.1.731.2-14878) because I found a product notice regarding service observing corruption. It turns out that the patch didn't work. Now it is happening with different stations. I'm assuming a restart is going to fix this again but only temporarily.

Has anyone had a similar problem or has an idea what could be causing this?

Thanks for any help or input in Advance!

status the station you are attempting to observe; check the connected ports as someone else may be observing them

Try installing update 15500 for CM4.0.1

Alternatively there is a new version of CM4 out - 4.0.3, may be worth upgrading to this as there seems to be a lot of bug fixes in it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back