Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Service not responding 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjm77

Programmer
Oct 2, 2000
US
The Backup Exec (TM) Agent Browser service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not start due to a logon failure.

Any ideas on how to solve this issue without reinstalling?? [sig][/sig]

What account did you specify for BE to use when you installed it? Check the account. The password probably changed or the account is disabled. It is just telling you that the account the BE service is using could not login to the machine. [sig][/sig]

Hi, i have the same problem. I did not install the BE myself but I remember changing the BE's account recently before it popped this login error up. I've resetted the password again on the Domain Controller, but I was wondering how I can tell the BE program that I did this. Is there a setup for BE that I can check the account name and password it's designated for?

thanks in advance,
satchi

Go into services and change ALL the BE services to start with the correct account information.

Hi, thanks for the reply. This worked! Thanks for the help!
Aparently for those who'd like to know, BE services start automatically (on my machine) and once you change the password of the BE account, you must change the service's password as well. The services are under Administrative Tools-->Services.

I have installed BE8.5 AND BE8.6 on two different servers which are in the same DOMAIN. Recently i had to format one of the server and when i reinstalled the BE8.5 again, the installation went thro without any problem. But when i start BE, it gives me an error "APPLICATION SYSTEM SERVICE NOT RESPONDING...."

Any way out....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back