Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Service Level Calculations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novo1

Technical User
Jan 19, 2009
US
This is a little complicated so I'll try my best to explain this and maybe someone has a suggestion. Please bear with me in the length of this post as I want to try to be clear.

CM 3.1.3 Dual S8700 servers. CMS 13.1

We are a primarily a shared inbound call center. We do have a few clients with dedicated agents meaning they have only the one skillset assigned to the agent. We then have some of our shared agents (multiple skillsets) that also have a skillset with the above dedicated client. In other words we have client A with a dedicated skill and a shared skill.

When the call is queued it is queued to the dedicated skill first, if no agent is available it ALSO queues to the shared skill. If no shared agent is available the call will go to the first agent of either skill that becomes available. So the call is queued to two skills at once.

Now, when this happens and the call is then answered by a dedicated agent the shared skill is penalized on the service level for not answering the call. The call was offered but not answered. So all of these calls that queue to both skills are at 50% service level. One answered the other didn't.

We have an integrated report screen our Operations department is watching and they are supposed to monitor service levels. Of course the shared level is lower then it should be. I need some way for the call that was offered to shared but answered by dedicated NOT count against the shared.

I have compensated the reverse, shared answered and NOT penalizing the dedicated by removing OUTFLOWCALLS from the service level calculation but I can't seem to find a way to compensate for the shared group. The "built in" calculation in CMS does NOT account for OUTFLOWCALLS and penalizes the dedicated group. I tried using the INFLOWCALLS but can't seem to make that one work.

Here is my current calculation:

100 * (ACCEPTABLE / (CALLSOFFERED - OUTFLOWCALLS - ABNCALLS1))

Any ideas?

Thank you

I know that this wasn't your question, but have you thought about only queuing the call to a single skill; assigned the dedicated agents the skill at a level 1 and the shared agents the same skill at a level 3 or 5? This way the call is not double-queued but it will still go to your dedicated agents whenever possible.

Susan
"An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you do know and what you don't."
- Anatole France

That is a possibility but our managers prefer it this way so that at a glance they can tell how many agents are dedicated and how many are not.

If I don't find a solution that may be the only answer and they will have to decide which is the lesser of two evils.

Thanks for taking the time to respond though. :)

Also another reason is on some clients we bill flat rate time for dedicated agents. We need to differentiate the two times. One is flat rate per hour and the other is per minute.

In that case, have you thought about running the service level report at a VDN level instead of by skill?

Susan
"An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you do know and what you don't."
- Anatole France

I had thought of that but our real time reports are at the skill level. We have over 400 VDNs associated with that client. Not practical.

I was given the answer in another forum. The database item I was looking for was the DEQUECALLS item. When a call is abandoned or answered by another skill it logs this call as dequeued from the skill that did NOT answer it.

Works perfectly. Thanks for the help on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back