Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Service Desk list calls by Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

dominicc

MIS
Jun 3, 2003
GB
Does anyone know how to configure Unicenter Service Desk to list calls/requests by Location as opposed to by Analyst?

There are two ways to do it.

Use the assignee.location = @cnt.location AND active = 1, this will display all active calls that the location specified equals the assignees location. (Available from Stored Queries)

Create a new node for the specific location id location=<locationid> AND active=1

This will show all active reuqests for that specific location. Also this can be modified further by using the AND priority =<number> to say all active priority ones from this location

Regards,

Neal

Thanks Neal. Getting a concise answer from CA has been like pushing water up hill. I settled on:
customer.location = nnnnnn AND active = 1
for my stored queries and am creating nodes for them on the scoreboard.

Any idea how to make those nodes/folders appear on every user's scoreboard (is there a default one?) without manually creating them logged on as each user?

Thanks & regards,

Dom

Dom,

There is a way to do this for the web scoreboard.

In the windows client Goto to Administration > Security > <Contact Type> i.e Employee

Then go to the web interface tab and choose Customize web scoreboard. Do the same as you did for the client but make sure that the access type is for the contact type not the logged in user. This will apply this for every user who logs into the web client with the contact type that you have modified

As for the windows client, I think that they have to do it manually for indivdual users. But unless they deinstall or trash their client it only has to be done once as there is a control file per user. These are in the preferences folder of the install directory.

Also how is Jody ?

Regards,

Neal

Thanks Neal.

This customer isn't using the web client (my task for next week), so I'm stuck with the windows client. I have managed to get this done by adding the general_preferences file to Version Control. That then fires for any new client or, as you say, fresh installs. It also fires and updates for existing clients by first deleting the general_preferences.username files from the route of the c:\ drive on client machines. I'm automating that with AMO.

I've added Change Orders by Location with
affected_contact.location = nnnnnn AND active = 1

Cooking on Gas!

Jods is very well, thanks. Still no job since the demise of Quidditas, so he's busying himself with his house.

How's Danni?

Best regards,
Dom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back