Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Service Dependency seems is being ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranv

Programmer
Dec 28, 2004
CA
Hello,

Before I start, I'm not sure if this is the best place to post my problem because I don't know if its exactly a Windows problem. Here goes.

I have two services installed in Windows 2003 RC2 Service Pack 2. The first service is a MySQL service that starts the database. The second service is a service for my own application. My own application must start after the MySQL service. Hence, I have a service dependency created. Now, when I restart the system, my application service starts BEFORE the MySQL service. The dependency is completely ignored. I'm not sure why this is happening. Does anyone have any suggestions on why this may be occurring or how I could debug the issue. I have checked the windows event log and I can not find any errors. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

I dont know what would cause that, obiously if you dont have anything in your logs, nor anything out of the oredienary, its very hard to troublshoot. but i can suggest batch file to start the service or delay start.

Does the MySQL service eventually start or it is in disabled mode. It is possible certain services take longer to start therefore your app service is starting quicker than the mySQL service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back