Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Service can't access mapped drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonBE

Programmer
Jun 13, 2007
US
Guys, I have a weird problem, I have a service that can't access a network attached drive, even though the rights of the service are set to the logged in user and same the user rights to the mapped drive. Might there be anything else (i.e. specific security policy) that would prevent the service accessing the mapped drive? Thanks Jason

I would try pointing it to the UNC path instead.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

I have encountered certain programs that will not access a mapped drive from a workstation to a Win2003 server. I had to move the service to the Win2003 server and have it push the files back to the workstation.

I never came up with a true solution to the problem. Other applications seem to work fine in the same scenario.

=== 4H PLUMBING / METALBUILDING.COM THINK BINARY / OBW / WPS ===
Designing, Developing, Coding, Debugging & Hosting 1995 to Present.
NT 3.51/4.0/2k/2.3k/OS2/Linux/FreeBSD/ASP/PHP/SQL/VB/VBS/VBA
I ran my first BBS on two 300 baud modems. One of them had a coupler.

Have you tried running the service under a different login? I would try an account that has access to that mapped drive and see if it works. i.e run under your own account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back