Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Serveur Edition & Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabi42

Technical User
Jul 16, 2015
FR
Hello,

I have one installation server edition (vm) and IPO500v2 gateway on the same place.
I can create a resilience for H323 phones. Do you think it's a good idea to create extension on IPO500v2 Gateway and connect phones ?

Thanks you.

Gael

If you don't plan to roll out more than 384 extensions on the IP500

If you are not running SE select, and have only a primary server and IP500V2, then you have no other option for resiliency but to build the user/extensions on the IP500V2.

Be way better if there was a secondary, at least there would be a backup for VM as well.

GB

If the primary and the expansion are in different locations,best approach is to configure users and extensions on the system that is local to them.

If both in the same location then use the primary for all.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I generally use the Primary Server for all the extensions if they are in the same location, if they are at different locations I put them on there local hardware.

I have done one install with a few ip500 gateways and a single server where users move between offices, I put dummy extensions on all the local gateways, and put all the users on the Server, everyone hotdesks, to the phone they are using that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back