Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ServerRaid Manager for Netfinity 5600 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikephi

Programmer
Jan 11, 2007
EU
Hi there all, I have a IBM Netfinity 5600 without a operating system installed.

Question 1
I need the compatible ServerRaid Manager software to configure the Raid array as at the momment I am able to boot from a boot disk but when I try to install the os, the installer cannot find the hard disk.

Question 2
second part to my question does the server raid manager I use have to match the version in the bios if so how do I see what version is running on the bios.

Question 3
If anyboddy has any usefull installation and configuration software for the netfinity range of serves please point me to them or send me on a .iso image of CDs, as the software for ths machine is almost imposible to come by.

cheers

hi,
before machine tries to boot, see at BIOS messages
which SCSI/RAID card is inside, see message as:
press CTRL-A (or other) .

Cards as 4M 4L ...

Go to ibm.com - Support - ServeRAID and download
ServeRAID iso CD . Now they come in 2 CDs

Support: you need this for: documentation, boot and
manage arrays, extract device driver to build a floppy
to insert when pressing F6 at Windows Setup.

bye
vittorio

The other way to achieve your goal is to find a ServerGuide CD that supports the old Netfinity, these CD's have the serveraid program bundled in.
I doubt you will find an old version on the IBM support Site

mikephi,

You'll need a ServerGuide 6.something.

I have an old 6.0.2 and 6.1.3 if its any help.

Email me at mco at infodom dot com and we can arrange something.

Matthew

Matthew

-=+ I'm like Ma Bell I got the ill communications +=-

Any ServeRaid support CD should work for configuring the array. Even a 8.40 CD will configure an array on some of the older 3X cards. The version of ServeRaid Manager does not have to match your BIOS of the adapter. You may run into problems however depending on the code level of the adapter. What adapter are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back