Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ServeRain 4H Post Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simkin

IS-IT--Management
Jun 3, 2002
ES
Hello,
Do anybody know where can i do a message list about IBM ServeRaid 4H?
I've this card installed and when I reboot the system appears this message in the ServeRaid POST:
" Incomplete ServeRaid Controller Shutdown Detected ". The system continues properly and all work fine but I'd like to know what is the message meaning.
Thanks for your help.
Simkin.

I suggest you post this in the forum that handles the operating system of your server (Win2K/Winnt/etc...)

Bill

Are there any error codes that show up with this?
The few times that I have seen this is when the system has lost powerand gone down hard. When that happens I open ServeRaid manager and clear the logs. There is a clear configuration log and a clear all events log. This works for NT4 W2K or Linux, Novell is different.

Thanks Larry,
Yes, in the event viewer appears a hard reboot and a chkdsk with 13 kb failed the past week. Then if I clean the ServeRAID logs, do you think that the message will disappear?
Simkin.

If you clear the clear all events log that removes them from the adapter. If you want to keep a history use the
Save Printable configuration and event log. Then clear the event log in ServeRaid Manager.

Thanks again. I've been talking with a technical partner and he said me that this message appears when the ServeRaid Nt's driver force a ServeRaid reset in a hard way. This kind of message are minimized with the ServeRAID BIOS 4.84.
Best regards.
Simkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back