Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Serveraid for 7380 running SBS 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 18, 2012
US
We have a new x3500 server complete with raid adapter. In the past I have always seen Serveraid Manager CD in with the system. Not so this time. I am not sure if it was not included or was lost.

We will be running Small Business Server 2011. I googled for Serveraid support CD and SErveraid Manager CD. I was not able to locate these right from IBM's web site. Anyway, what I found has no mention of SBS 2011. I did see SBS 2008 R2 listed which is pretty much the same, but I hesitate to place bets on it. I'd like to be able to actually run Manager on this server, but in a pinch could run that piece elsewhere. I do however need the drivers.

Does anyone know where I can find these or even if they are available. Thanks

x3500 is older hardware, is this a M2,M3,or M4? there most likely is not drivers yet for server 2011, unless microsoft included them, also, it depends on which raid card you have, to locate which servraid manager you need, and this also doesn't have a server 2011 compatible version yet, unless you can get the 2008 R2 version to work. to find infor about serveraid at IBM go to the search on their website, and search for serv-raid. Look for site called software matrix. It will have the links to all of the software, for all versions of serveraid. And the LSI raid adapter runs a different manager software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back