Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server+

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpearson

Technical User
Jul 25, 2002
US
Does anyone know when the new Server+ study guides will be rolled out? Has the Beta been extended? Thanks.

Betas run until they get enough results to make it worthwhile. Considering the general slow down in certifications overall, that may be a while. Release dates for the live exam are never set in stone. That gives CompTIA plenty of wiggle room. Look for the live exam sometime 1Q 2005.

As far as study guides... the first one out is usually not the best. For authors it is a race to see who can get to market first. The early bird and all that...

I would suggest building your own study guide. Grab a copy of the new objectives, start working down the list with your favorite search engine and start putting a notebook together with your material. You'll stumble across some incredible resources along the way and your knowledge of the subject matter will be much deeper than skimming it with someone else's study guide. $.02

A+,N+,S+,L+,I+,HTI+,e-Biz+,Security+,CETsr,CST,CNST,CNCT,CFOT,CCNT,CCTT,ACSP,ISA CCST3

Now that there is a date for the new Server+ exam. Has anyone who sat for the beta test gotten a response as to pass or fail? Does anyone know if there is a date for the test results?

They said late March to me for Server+ Beta results and mid-April for Network+ results.

Probably, maybe, we'll let you know.

Neill

Just got my marks for the Server+ beta.

740 out of 900 with a passmark of 615.

Don't get actual certificate until end of March though.

Just waiting for Network+ beta marks now.

Neill

Congrats!

A+,N+,S+,L+,I+,HTI+,e-Biz+,Security+,CETsr,CST,CNST,CNCT,CFOT,CCNT,CCTT,ACSP,ISA CCST3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back