Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server will not shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

harryhere

IS-IT--Management
Jun 29, 2002
US
I have a new Windows 2000 server. Everything worked fine until I installed my building management software. I was able to run the softeware package fine. But I was logged in as myself. If I always use this person to login and out not problems are found. But if I log off and then log in as a different user, the new user can not log out or shutdown the machine. I found that if I disable the services for the program no problems are present. That will not help me if I can not run the program. (software vendor has tried to recreate the problem no luck on there end.)

The service is started by the system, and not a user account. I have had the software people working on this problem, and because the software vendor placed blame on the hardware I had the hardware vendor out to look at this.

Everything is good on both ends except for the shutdown problem. Server is running nothing else, but terminal service is installed in admin mode.

Any Ideas??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back