Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server stop error message - and can't access Opsys

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccsscotland

IS-IT--Management
Oct 11, 2002
GB
Hi Guys,

Gary from sunny Scotland here... I run a small IT consultancy in Perthshire.

I have just acquired an eServer - 8845-21X and it has a huge problem. It has 3 SCSI 9GB disks which were in a RAID array. Apparently, Partition Magic was used to resize the C: drive, and the initial partition was reformatted using this software. Now, when I try to boot the machine, it will not start. I can see that the system files are still on the disk [but at 1, instead of 0]. I am an MCSE, but not all that familiar with SCSI, i have mainly worked with IDE drives.

I am unable to reinstall the software, as the set up process states that there are no hard drives attached to the system. I have tried all sorts, even trying to boot from an IDE disk, which is recognised, and tries to load, but then i get a stop message "inaccessible_boot_device".

I am tearing my hair out on this one, I cant find a utility to format the drives from within CMOS either. I would really appreciate some help here, is there a utility I could download, or has somebody else experienced this?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Gaz :eek:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back