Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

server stolen...only tape left and workstation (w2k) help with restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
We had our server stolen on Friday and all I have is a tape (TR4) and a windows 2000 workstation. My backup was done with Backup Exec 7.2 for NT Server (4.0 with SP6). Can I restore it with backup exec desktop pro for windows 2k? I tried but it can't find the catalog. When I try to catalog it, I get a hardware error during the read. I updated the drive HP Colorado 8GB external (paralell) with the latest bios and the same thing happens.

I could go to another office with windows 2000 server and try installing backup exec 7.2 and trying there.

Any suggestions would be apreciated.

Unfortunatly you cannot restore a backup made with the server version of Backup Exec with the desktop version.
You need to have 7.2 or later installed to do this.
You could also try NT backup.

TILO

I think the moral of this story is allways have an intical foffline spare server and purchase the diaster recovery option!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back