Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

server-side rollover

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorgor

Programmer
Aug 15, 2002
US
I am new to ASP.NET but have been using .NET for windows forms for a while now. I found some examples for doing a rollover "button" with client-side scripting. However, I'd like to be able to do it with server-side "scripting" instead. This is more of a learning exercise than anything since rollovers should most definitely be done on the client-side for purpose of speed. However, I need to learn how to process server-side events and I figured this would be a good exercise. Any good links or examples for doing a server-side rollover?

Thanks in advance.

Hi gorgor

Rollover isnt really that suitable to server scripting as it would involve a postback and mouseover isnt something which would normally, nor would I recomend ever should, trigger a postback event.

Perhaps it would be better to use a click event to change a label message or something similar to start with server events as this is far more realistic task. Here's a link to the ASP.NET quickstart examples for manipulating server control events. It should get you started.

Have Fun!

Rob

Go placidly amidst the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence - Erhmann 1927

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back