Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server Side Include (SSI) not working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaRNCaT

Technical User
Dec 18, 2002
NZ
I've used SSI's before, no problems, and I asked the server admin to set up SSI's to be allowed on .html and .htm pages, but no matter what I've tried path wise (./, / and no/)I still get this error

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0126'

Include file not found

/testing/contact_us.htm, line 1

The include file 'includes/header.html' was not found.

Can anyone shed some light on this? It "should" work to the best of my knowledge.

this is the code I'm using

<!--#include virtual="includes/header.html" -->

----------------------------------------
Sometimes, when my code just won't behave, I take it outside and make it listen to britney spears music, and when it comes back it's really well behaved. I wonder if it's suffering from post tramatic stress syndrome now..

Hi

Sure is SSI ? By the way, what webserver ? My Apache's error message is not so detailed :
[highlight #eeeeff][an error occurred while processing this directive][/highlight]
so I think your problem could be other then SSI.

When I had such problems, my usual errors was : 1) SSI not enabled for that host/directory/file ( Othen SSI directives, like [tt]<!--#echo var=HTTP_HOST -->[/tt], works ? ); 2) The path was wrong ( or specified as [tt]virtual[/tt] instead of [tt]file[/tt] ).

If your problem is other then the aboves, for other ideas we need to know more about your config file(s).

Feherke.

Thank You!
It needed to be 'file' not 'virtual'

I have no idea what kind of server it is (just redesigning the look and feel for a client) - I suspect it might be a windows server, and I'm usualy working with Apache.

----------------------------------------
Sometimes, when my code just won't behave, I take it outside and make it listen to britney spears music, and when it comes back it's really well behaved. I wonder if it's suffering from post tramatic stress syndrome now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back