Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

server side count

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehlerak

IS-IT--Management
Dec 10, 2003
US
I need to report on a count of records on an Oracle DB using CR9 and/or CR11. This is to be a subreport as part of a report that is reporting on other things as well.
First I tried using Crystal SQL Designer and attach that qry file as a subreport, but it didn't like that.
Then I tried creating a standard subreport in CR9, reporting on the primary key of the table I'm looking for and then summing that in the report footer. I suppressed the detail section and also set the option for grouping on the server side, but that didn't seem to do what I wanted (which is to run select count(*) from table_name) on the server - it still selected field_name from table_name and then summed on the report. There has got to be a quick and easy way of achieving what I need, any help?

Thanks!

You could use "Add Command" as your datasource and then use:

Select count(*) from Table

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back