Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server Service packs

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwannabeit

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2006
CA
Hi,

Have to upgrade the service packs for our Microsoft SQL server, none have been applied...

my question is... since theyve already released service pack3a, do i have to install service packs 1, 2, and 3, or would 3a (i know it covers 3) cover the installation of 1 and 2.... to make it short, do i have to install every service pack starting with #1 or can i just start with 3?

once again, thnx in advanced

...Hey now...

Server Pack 3a is the lastest and comprehensive update to SQL Server 2000. You can directly install Server Pack 3a. Microsoft recommends either you install SP3 or SP3a. If you have already updated your server with SP3, you do not update again with SP3a.

Be sure to read the release notes of SP3/SP3a before you actually start updating.

Also I suggest you to read about SP4. If possible you can directly update your servers with SP4:

-Keshav / IT Consultant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back