Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smirnov

IS-IT--Management
Feb 11, 2002
AU
Hello everybody!
I am looking for a Dell server and i was wondering if anyone can recommend one based on the things i want.
I need 3 servers (1 SQL database, 2 webservers all win2k)
- rack mounted
- dual processors
- multiple RAID HDDs
- dual network cards
- redundant power supplies
The rest is up to you!!! Just a model number would be awesome thanks!!!
-scott...:)

Hi,
PE2450 - dual processor, can be ordered with embedded raid ( ROMB) or an add-in raid card, 1 10/100 & 1 gigbit network card embedded, 2U rack mountable, 2 power supplies, can be ordered with raid 0,1,5 or 10 and..

best of all its a low end server so its fairly cheap

The PE2550 is the way to go. It replaced the 2450 months ago and comes with 5 internal drive days, on-board RAID and dual processors and power supplies. You can't get redundant power on the 1U servers so this is the best choice.

That would be fine for the Web servers, but depending on that you plan on doing with the SQL box, you may want to look into a more beefy box, like the PE4400, although it's listed on dells site under tower servers, it is rackmountable... it's either 7U or 9U...

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back