Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server "Not accepting connections"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerryk

Programmer
Jun 13, 2001
US
Hello,
I have a citrix server behind our router, and am trying to access a published app (just notepad!) remotely.

I can run a remote desktop via ICA client perfectly.

When I try to find my published app, the ICA browser "finds" my application's published name, but when I try to run the app I get: "The Citrix MetaFrame server you selected is not accepting connections"

Why can I run a desktop but not the published app? My router has 1494 opened up and forwarded to the Citrix box. I've also forwarded 8080 to the Citrix box and changed xml services to 8080. No help.

Many many thanks for any thoughts you can provide.

Sorry, forgot to mention: Citrix XPS, Windows 2003 server. (not the domain controller)

I have the same problem through a Firewall. I also have 2003 server with FR3. Anyone got an answer?

In the Citrix Management Console, expand the applications folder.

Right click the published application, and hit Properties.

Click the users tab.

This is like a standard Windows ACL. Put the group/users you want to have access to this app here. Just for testing - DON'T LEAVE IT LIKE THIS FOR SECURITY REASONS - put allow the 'Everyone' group access. It it works after this, you know where your problem is - User access not configured.

ALso, check to make sure the Internet Connection Firewall is disabled.

Is the ip address on the inside and same on the outside? Otherwise need a altaddr command on the Citrix servers to tell it the outside address.

*J*

I fixed it, but I did it by creating a simple ICA file. Why an ICA file works, but the client doesn't is strange, but I decided that deploying with .ICA's is fine with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back