Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mag0007

MIS
Feb 15, 2005
US
A sun newbie questions:

How can I check what model my Sun is? I am thinking its an Enterprise something....

Also, how do I check how many domains it has?

I don't have physical access to the server, and I can't reboot, just wanted to know these settings...TIA!

as far as figuring out what model, If you are booted to operating environment use the prtdiag -v command. It is located under /usr/platform/sun4u/sbin.

As far as getting domain settup you need to get to the SC> prompt and run commands such as showdomain, showplatform etc.. run help to get the list of the commands. Not sure if you can check the domains from OS level.

thanks

ca

okay, if I have only 1 domain....I won't see this right?

System Controller `schostname'?

A couple things:

The prompt for the main SC is hostname:SC> . Note that the upper case letters, SC, identify the main SC.
The prompt for the spare SC is hostname:sc> . Note that the lower case letters, sc, identify the spare SC.

There are showsc commands:

The showplatform and showsc commands also display failover information.

more docs;

Also if you are trying to do a firmware update the I believe the readme for the patch explains what to do about updateing controllers. You have to failover to the other SC, update that then fail backover to main and update that.

You may note have a second sc controller.

thanks

CA

i am not doing a firmware upgrade...I am enabling a processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back