Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

server problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kushwahr

Programmer
Jun 24, 2003
IN
When i start the informatica server it stops suddenly and the event viewr gives the following error.

1. Oracle Error[Function: Connect
Error: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name
]

2. Failed to logon to Database server[ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name
]

but my all client tools is connect it gives no error whats the problem if for example:

My database SID is ORCL
My host name is yahoo

what can i do for register the server.

Look in "database connections" in server manager and check that the database you are connecting to is set up correctly. If you can, log onto the Informatica server and check that you can connect to the database from there.

When a session is running, it is the Informatica server rather than the client which connects to the source and target databases, so your databases have to be set up correctly on there.

yes i do all the things but i check the TNSname.ora and all the things working but the informatica server is not working.

Look at your pmserver.cfg file and check the databasetype, connectstring etc. Log on as the user which runs pmserver and check that you can connect to the repository database.

Hi

Check tns file name on the informatica server. What type of driver your are using sql.net or odbc.

One more thing its not the sid but the name you specify in the start by which oracle recognises connection means

sundb(
blajhh
TCP/ip
Sid=sunsid)

use

scott/tiger@sundb

Hi,

Check if in 'Informatica Server Setup'->'Repository' tab,

the repository username and passwords are same as the database user name and password.

See if this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back