Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server Permissions for ASP on Windows 2000 server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommytx

Programmer
Nov 27, 2002
US
I have a windows 2000 server that was working just fine, until all of a sudden it won't let me update or add records to any microsoft data base mdb that I have on the server. It comes back with Permission denied, so I tried to write a simple text file using asp and could not write that either. It Reads both the mdb and the text file just fine, and I can manually edit the text file or mdb and that works fine also. No matter how I try to write to the server, negative results. I went thru all the steps that are listed to give permissions and I gave everybody and every thing full permission. Still negative results. Does anyone have any idea what I might check to correct what appears to be a permission problem.
The confusing part is that it was working fine for months, I have not recently added any security changes or updates.
Here is the actual error message I am getting, they are different, but I am sure it is due to the inability to write to the server.
When trying to write a simple text file I get 800a0046 Microsoft VB script runtime error. Permission denied. (I have no VB script in this asp file.)
When trying to update or add to the .mdb I get 80004005 Microsoft Jet Database Engine error. Operation must use an updateable query.

I will be forever grateful if anyone has any ideas at all that might shed some light on this dark tunnel.

Thanks in advance
Tom Chambers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back