Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server or coster

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScooterKen

Technical User
Jan 22, 2006
CA
Hey i had a old server compaq server LCD version model 56022 i got it to boot once to relize that there was no hardrive in it i install a hard drive and it wont boot i have tryed moving PSU and the ram ( came with 4 in it to in the upper bank and 2 in the expansion card) now here is the prob in the best detail i can give when power is contected the lcd starts no prob but when the power is push i a clicking sound. ( the second light is blinking on the power supplie ) and the lights on the psu for a few second and its does nothing for there i have tryed changin PSU and and ram still dead.........Any ideas i have check all conections and all is well ( no damage no lose ) and the battery ( on board ) is new and i have one that i changed and still no deal.... so any help would be greatful ty

The clicking sound reminds me of a dead hard drive I once had. Check to make sure all your fans are coming on. Can you boot DOS from a floppy disk? Is the SCSI bus terminated? These are just places I'd start looking.

Iolair MacWalter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back