Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server not yet opened....

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJW

Technical User
Aug 20, 2001
GB
If anyone can rememebr what this means when running a report from within Report Writer (and more importantly how to fix it) please let me know. This only appears when I am running reports that using dictionaries - I can pull information from individual tables. I have tried reinstalling and the problem does not re-occur on any other PC...All help appreciated.

Man, it's been a while (and by while I mean 3 or 4 years) since I came across that message. I'm not positive on this, but check the hosts file and make sure the switch is defined in there, and matching what you have in Runner for the name.

I'll ask some of my cohorts who still work with Runner and see if anyone else remembers.

Cracked it. (With the advice of a techy guru)..If anyone else experiences this problem, make sure that runner is installed on the machine and that the default callcenter is pulling from the tnsnames.ora file. Once this is set correctly, the problem disappears. Cheers for your help Rosie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back