Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server Migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

melbert09

IS-IT--Management
Oct 19, 2008
GB
Hi all,
I have a blade system and SAN that I am looking to rebuild from scratch. This is due to the way it was originally configured which to be honest is quite bad. There are a few servers that I need to move off the blade system to some temporary servers, and then migrate them back to the freshly built servers. The servers in question are running some applications that do not seem to be that easy to rebuild and configure and they are critical (HR, Payroll). Is there good way to image the servers from what they are currently running on HP BL480c to a DL165 without any issues? I am concerned about the Hardware difference causing some issues. I am also wondering would Windows System State recovery or similar work? Especially with the applications.

Thanks in advance.

P2V them using your hypervisor of choice. Then you can run them wherever you want without worrying about hardware differences.

MCITP:Server Administrator
MCITP:Enterprise Administrator
MCITP:Virtualization Administrator 2008 R2
Certified Quest vWorkspace Administrator

I wish I could but we dont have a virtualized environment here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back