Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

server memory was limited to 256MB 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkjambu

IS-IT--Management
Jan 2, 2002
MY
guys,

i suspected my server was infected by virus the other day, though i can't find anything after various scanning using various different virus-scan-program.

i have formatted and reinstalled the Win 2000 Server SP4 with available patches now. i'm facing one problem now. each time i restarted the machine, message popped out saying 'The memory is limited to 256MB!'.

the physical memory installed for the server is actually 1GB. thus, this affects the running database (SQL) and applications resided in the server. there area about 100 ppl accessing the server daily.

anybody has any idea? please help.

Is this by any chance a Dell server? If so, Simply enter the System BIOS and turn OS Install Mode off.

yes it's Dell PowerEdge 1600SC.

i have tried the thing, and its working. now the memory is back to 1GB. thanks dude!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back