Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server load balancing

Status
Not open for further replies.

anilsiri

Technical User
Jun 20, 2003
US
Hi all,

I have cisco 3640 Router and want to enable server load balancing using "ip slb vserver". Will the Router support this? I am able to see the options in the configuration mode. But does it overload the Router?

Thanks,
Anil

Not that I know of, I haven't had the oportunity to use it though. But I doubt it would put a severe strain on the router, will it increase cpu and memory use, yes. However, I have noticed it is used on the Cat 6000 more frequently to take advantage of its ASICS/Switching abilities. Depending on the server farm size this should work fine though.

Thanks Tschouten,

I have to load balance only two Unix servers. Will it work?

Thanks,
Anil

I don't see why not, looking for a good guide for you. Uhhmm try looking at this:

Hope that helps a bit, once you get everything configured and running adding servers, routers, devices; should appear seemless to the users. Take a look at it, it was the closest thing I could find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back