Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server load balancing

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkpanther56

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
GB
Hi all, I'm fairly new to Citrix so I'm going through the learning process.

We have four Citrix servers two are physical HP DL360 G5 boxes and one is a HP DL360 G5 hosting two Citrix VM's hosted by Xenserver. The two physical boxes have two CPU's and the VM's have one CPU each, as Citrix seems to load sessions across the servers equally this means that the VM Citrix boxes slow down sooner than the physical boxes as they have less CPU power.
Is there a way to make Citrix take into account that the two physical boxes have more CPU power and to load balance sessions accordingly?

We're running Citrix PS 4.5 with FP1

Thanks.

Yes there is you will need to configure advanced load balancing.

If you right click on the application or server (I personally load balance by server but different environments have different requirements) you can choose to load balance by using advanced settings. This will allow you to load balance the citrix servers via cpu, memory and paging file.

If you have any further questions feel free to give me a shout.

Regards,

Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back