Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server Issues - ML 350

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nato3

Technical User
Apr 30, 2006
AU
hey all,

i have a few problems that keep recurring on the ML350;

* Print spooler service appears to turn itself off randomly, networked printers reply when i ping however i cannot connect to them.

* There are 2 disks partitioned, 1 x 10gb (C:) and 1 x 57 (E:), C obviously has become full, please recommend a method of re - partitioning to provide more GB to C: with minimal effect to the current data. I have ran cleanup on C and only freed up 2 gb.

* W3SVC service is Stop pending

* WINS service is stopped.

please explain

thanks

Nathan

These errors could be related. If you have a large number of printers the spooler file, which by default is on C: will not be able to expand due to the limited space on C:. Move your spooler file to drive E: and this will help with your disk space and and printer spooler stopping. This is also true for swap files. Share them out over the different partitions, so that no one partition is being hit hard for swap space.

Again WINS databases are on drive C: and possibly using up the remaining disk space. Also it may be that there is a fault in your WINS service, and by un-installing it and re-installing it, this will disappear.

As for the W3SVC, I suspect it has just hung, and the server needs a reboot. This will also have the effect of freeing any tied up swap space, and possibly some jobs out of your print spooler.

=======================================
So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
And we never even know we have the key

Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum
======================================

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back