Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server has not yet been opened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallegator

Programmer
Jan 3, 2001
US
Report works fine on my local machine. Error appears when installed on clients machine: Server has not yet been opened. How do I correct it? Here is my code:

If frmMainMenu.MyLocal = 1 Then
Set report = crxApplication.OpenReport("c:\databases\visual basic\EstimatingTracking\InBidProcess.rpt")
report.Database.Tables(1).SetLogOnInfo "D9M7GG21", "EstTrackDev", "sa"
Else
Set report = crxApplication.OpenReport("p:\joepre\estdev\InBidProcess.rpt")
report.Database.Tables(1).SetLogOnInfo "devp_sql1", "EstTrackDev", "User", "Password"
End If
report.RecordSelectionFormula = "{ado.BusinessUnit} = 'RGG' And {ado.Status}='Bidding'"
report.ParameterFields(1).AddCurrentValue ("R. G. GRIFFITH'S ESTIMATES")

Make sure you have the SQL client installed and the DSN's are all configured as System.

The error is telling you essentially that the report can not get to the source for some reason.

It also looks like you are using ODBC to SQL so make sure the p2ssql.dll and p2lssql.dll are present on the client in the system32 folder.

Cheers,

SurfingGecko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back