Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server freezes when installing SCCS 4.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc2007

Technical User
Jul 16, 2007
US
Hi all,

I have installed SCCS 4.2 on a server. I have faced a problem: while working on the server in the lab like copying a file, it freezes. This happened several times. Thus, I did a Ghost restore on this server of Windows 2000 to check if it is a Symposium software problem or a hardware one (Note: the motherboard has been changed). On the Windows 2000, I have copied files from some locations to another. However, the server didn't freeze, knowing that the SCCS 4.2 is insalled on another server that is working well.

Any idea!!!!!!

Thanks in advance

You may want to check how much hard drive space is being used. Symposium generates a ton of data. You can set the length of time you keep the data stored on the server from the client. I can't remember what tab it is under, but if you look around on the client you will find it.

Check your patches.

Also, symposium is really picky on drive partitioning. If you don't follow the book closely you may have some trouble.

"Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back