Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server extentions on my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

baxnfalls

Technical User
Apr 29, 2001
US
Hello,

Do I need the server extentions installed on my home computer in order to edit with FrontPage. There are so many things that do not work on my computer. I cannot open my website on the server, I cannot gain access to any security options. I cannot Insert a Table of contents or Site map type page page, because all it does is give me a little template that says Table of contents over and over, but will not allow me to change things. Do I have a bad copy of FP, is it my computer? I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have let the computer try to straighten things out with the Help menu. Nothing seems to work. I can edit, then send things FTP to my server.
Also, the server has it's own statistic files, that every time I try to upload my page, the computer tells me that those files are not on my computer, do I want to delete them. I have to hit "N" for no over 120 times every time I want to change something on the site. Is there a way around this?

Thanks in advance.

Tim

You need to be sure that "Personal Web Server" is installed on your machine. Check your manual for how to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back