Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server Error in '/OMA' Application, Security Exception

Status
Not open for further replies.

HKNinja

MIS
Nov 17, 2002
US
Hi all,

I'm trying to use the OMA on my Exchange 2003 server the first time and am getting the following error. Has been trying to tackle the problem with no luck. Any idea how to fix this, guys?

Server Error in '/OMA' Application

Security Exception
Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type System.Security.Permissions.RegistryPermission, mscorlib, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type System.Security.Permissions.RegistryPermission, mscorlib, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed.]
System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.CheckHelper(PermissionSet grantedSet, PermissionSet deniedSet, CodeAccessPermission demand, PermissionToken permToken) +675
System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(PermissionToken permToken, CodeAccessPermission demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Int32 checkFrames, Int32 unrestrictedOverride) +0
System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(CodeAccessPermission cap, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +88
System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand() +62
Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenSubKey(String name, Boolean writable) +159
Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenSubKey(String name) +27
Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.UserInterface.Global..cctor() +48

I am not sure if this effects you or not, but have you disabled SSL on the OMA portion?

Yes, SSL is not checked under OMA Properties -> Directory Security -> Secure communications.

When are you getting the error listed above? Is it when someone tries to access OMA or when the server starts up?

Also, are you doing anything with client certificates on OMA?

I got the error when try to access the OMA. OWA and certificate is working fine. I did not do anything with client certificates. Am I missing any step?

Did you enable OMA in Exchange System Manager - Under Global Settings, Mobile Services (Properties) - check Enable Outlook Mobile Access and Enable Unsupported Devices. Also enable it on the AD user under Exchange Features?

When trying to access OMA what website are you going to? Have you configured a host header or are you accessing it off of your OWA site?

You can test from Internet Explorer by going to your OWAsite/OMA without the https - Do you get a login box? Or an error?

Yes, OMA is enabled.
didn't configure a host header.
I can access it via IE, and the error appears after I entered my username and password. My user acct has OMA permission.

Ignore all client certificates.

The login box - does in include domain?

no. I tried both way to login.

username only and domain\username, no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back